Vegan Sloppy Joes
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 30 minutes
Vegan Sloppy Joes are a fun, plant-based take on a classic American dish. Instead of traditional ground beef, hearty textured simulated ground beef is sautéed with onions and bell peppers, then simmered in a robust sauce. Pile this saucy filling on soft vegan hamburger buns. They are perfect for casual get-togethers or family dinners.
- 4 c. simulated ground beef
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Organicville Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Organicville Yellow Mustard
- 2 tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 6 vegan hamburger buns
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions and green bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the simulated ground beef to the skillet. Break it up with a wooden spoon or scraper spatula to combine it with the veggies. Continue to cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the sloppy joe mixture is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the Organicville Ketchup, Organicville Mustard, vegan Worcestershire sauce and maple syrup to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the sloppy joe mixture over hamburger buns. Enjoy hot.