Southwest Tofu Potato Scramble Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 1 hour
This Southwest Tofu Potato Scramble is a delicious vegan breakfast. Filled with fresh flavors and a kick of heat from the jalapeno.
- ¼ c. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 c. Finely Diced Yellow Potatoes (diced into ¼ inch cubes)
- 1 tsp. Salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 16oz. Package Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. Powdered Turmeric
- 1 15oz. Can Pinto or Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c. Thinly Sliced Scallions
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 ½ tbsp. Finely Diced Jalapeño, pickled or fresh
- Organicville® Nondairy Jalapeño Ranch
- For topping: more cilantro, scallions, avocado, tomatoes or salsa
- Drain the tofu and pat dry. Wrap in a clean dish towel or several sheets of paper towel. Set something heavy on top of the block of tofu, like a cast iron pan, and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is pressing, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, ½ tsp of salt and chili powder and cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender).
- Once the tofu is pressed, transfer to a bowl and use the back of a fork to mash into small, bite-sized pieces. Stir in nutritional yeast, turmeric and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons o olive oil, tofu, pinto beans, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño to the skillet. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes. Serve hot topped with Organicville® Nondairy Jalapeño Ranch and garnishes.