Maple Dijon Carrot Tart Recipe
SERVES 9 | FINISH IN 25 minutes
This Maple Dijon Carrot Tart is the perfect Mother’s day, breakfast-in-bed, Sunday brunch recipe! It’s filled with carrots, ricotta cheese, and hazelnuts, for a flavorful dish.
- 1 sheet of frozen, store-bought puff pastry (vegan friendly)
- 1 lb. Carrots, washed, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Organicville® Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 c. Vegan Ricotta-Style Cheese
- ½ c. Chopped Hazelnuts
- For garnish: fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Prepare the carrots. Toss in a small amount (1 tsp) of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Remove puff pastry from packaging and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a knife, score the puff pastry around the edge, leaving a ½ inch border. Poke holes in the pastry using a fork inside of the scored area. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, dijon, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Remove from oven and use a fork to press down the puffed pastry inside of the scored area, leaving the border as is. Brush the border of the pastry with egg wash.
- Using a spatula, spread the ricotta in an even layer on top of the pastry. Arrange carrots on top on the ricotta, then brush with the maple mustard. Top with chopped hazelnuts and return to oven for 10-12 minutes, until the carrots are tender and the pastry is golden brown and crispy.
- Top with fresh dill.