BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 25 minutes
You’ll never believe that this juicy, meaty sandwich is 100% vegan! Using shredded jackfruit as a substitute for pulled pork and flavorful Organicville® Original BBQ Sauce, it’s easy to make and absolutely delicious. Perfect for your next summer gathering!
- 20 oz. Can Jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 c. Organicville® Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 c. Schilling Cider
- 4 Buns, toasted
- 8 oz. Coleslaw Mix
- 1⁄4 c. Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Schilling Cider
- Drain jackfruit and use two forks to shred into smaller pieces.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add oil. Add jackfruit and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, until it starts to brown. Add bbq sauce and cider. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, stir together coleslaw mix, mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir well to coat, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the bbq jackfruit on top of a toasted bun with slaw and other bun. Serve with Schilling cider.