Vegan Cobb Salad Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 25 minutes
A fun vegan take on a summer classic. This vegan cobb salad is packed with fresh ingredients like juicy cherry tomatoes, crispy coconut bacon, and creamy avocado. Topped with Organicville® Non-Dairy Ranch, this simple salad is bound to be a new favorite for your summer recipe rotation.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- Half of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Organicville® Non-Dairy Ranch for topping
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make the coconut bacon, preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple, olive oil, liquid smoke, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Pour over coconut flakes and stir well to coat. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, spread coconut in an even layer on tray and bake for 12-14 minutes, stirring twice. Keep a close eye on the oven – it can burn quickly. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare the ingredients for the salad. Finely chop romaine lettuce and slice the red onion. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice avocado. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and cook the corn.
- In a large salad bowl, assemble the salad and drizzle with desired amount of Organicville® Non-Dairy Ranch. Toss well to combine and serve right away.