Braided Pesto Bread Recipe
SERVES 4-6 | FINISH IN 2 hours 30 minutes
This beautiful braided pesto bread is a fun twist on pesto pizza. Make a dough, spread on the pesto, weave into a perfect braid, bake, and then enjoy with a generous amount of Organicville® Pizza Sauce!
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 c. bread flour
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Prepared Pesto
- Organicville Pizza Sauce, for dipping
- Add the yeast to warm water and allow yeast to proof, 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the salt and flour by hand, in a large bowl.
- Add the yeast and water. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer to floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and soft – around 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl lined with oil and turn to cover all sides. Cover the dough with cloth and allow to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle shape around 10″x20″.
- Spread pesto to ½” from edge of dough.
- Roll lengthwise jelly roll fashion.
- Cut roll in half lengthwise.
- Carefully twist the two halves together, forming a wreath shape. Lightly secure ends by pressing together.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, or until lightly browned on edges.
- Serve with Organicville® Pizza Sauce.