Creamy Mustard Chicken Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 45 minutes
Spicy whole grain mustard, white wine and bacon come together to create an irresistibly creamy sauce to serve along with juicy chicken breasts.
- 1/2 c. + 3 tbsp. Organicville® Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 c. diced smoked thick-cut bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. Organicville® Stone Ground Mustard
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or chives, for garnish
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed and tossed in olive oil
- 4 c, broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Mix 1/2 cup Dijon mustard in a bowl with the paprika, a few generous grinds of pepper and the salt. Toss the chicken pieces in the mustard mixture.
- Lay out the sweet potato cubes onto a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes. While the potatoes cook, steam the broccoli for 2-3 minutes and then immerse into a bath of ice cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Line a plate with a few layers of paper towel. Heat a large skillet with a cover over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking. Add the bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until it has crisped and browned and most of its fat has rendered. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon pieces to the lined plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion and stir to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring a few times, until the onion is softened and mostly translucent. Stir in the thyme; cook for a few minutes, until fragrant, then use a spatula to scrape the contents of the skillet into a large bowl.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat then add the chicken pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes then transfer the chicken to the bowl with the onion.
- Pour the wine into the pan to and use a firm spatula to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Return all of the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet and add the onion mixture and bacon. Cover and cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, the stone ground mustard and the heavy cream to form a sauce. If it seems too thick, stir in a little warm water.
- Divide the chicken between 4 containers along with the roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. Refrigerate until ready to warm and eat.