Dijon Roasted Carrots and Apples Recipe
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 30 minutes
This vibrant and healthy side dish has it all. Dijon Roasted Carrots and Apples are sweet and savory with caramelized carrots and melty apples. It tastes like autumn, thanks to smoky Organicville® Dijon mustard and sweet maple syrup. Topped off with crunchy pepitas, this dish won’t last long on your table.
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds on the bias
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Organicville® Dijon Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch wedges
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish, optional
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish, optional
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread the carrots out on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the butter and maple syrup. Microwave to melt the butter, about 1 minute. Add the salt, Dijon mustard and garlic to the melted butter mixture and pour over the carrots. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast the carrots until they begin to soften, about 15 minutes. Add the apple slices, toss to combine, and continue roasting for 10 more minutes, until apples are soft and melty. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and parsley to serve.