Crispy Tofu Nuggets Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 1 hour
A vegan take on a childhood favorite. These crispy tofu nuggets with Organicville® Ketchup are the perfect addition to your recipe rotation. With a crispy exterior and tender interior, these nuggets are sure to be a hit. Best served with Organicville ketchup!
- 2 14 oz blocks of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 3 flax “eggs” (3 tbsp flax meal + 9 tbsp water)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Organicville® Ketchup for serving
- Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean dish towel. Set something heavy on top and press for 30 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a bowl, stir together the flax meal and water. Let sit for 15 minutes until it thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, panko breadcrumbs, and all the seasonings.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Dip the tofu cubes into the flax egg mixture and then the flour/panko mixture. Place coated tofu onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip over the tofu pieces and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Serve with a side of Organicville® Ketchup.